Tags: api, crpe32, crystal, database, error, export, html, microsoft, mysql, oracle, pdf, report, reports, server, sql
Error 500 and Error 692 trying to export
I am trying to export a report to PDF and HTML. I am currently using Crystal Reports 8.5, and I'm using the CRPE32 API. On my development machine, this works great. I get PDF files that I can view with Acrobat, and HTML files that come up fine in IE.
However, when I run the same code on a clean machine that doesn't have Crystal installed, I get error 500 returned after PEStartJob fails if I try to export to PDF, and I get error 692 when trying to export to HTML.
I did a search on the web, and there is an article that says error 692 if for unsupported export types, specifically HTML 3.0, which was stopped supporting as of Crystal 8. But, I am trying to export in HTML 4.0, which, like I said before, works fine on my dev box.
The error 500 means out of memory, but it's really just the catch all error code. Crystal sends back error 500 for many, many reasons.
So, it seems like maybe a DLL mismatch or missing DLL or something, but I can't track it down. Anyone have any ideas?
Leave a comment...
- 4 Comments
- You have to make sure you install all the necessary Export dlls on the new machine. Crystal reports 8.5 includes a file called runtime.hlp that lists all of the files needed. You're probably just missing a key dll or something.#1; Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:00:00 GMT
- i've looked at the runtime.hlp file, and to the best of my knowledge, all the export dlls are there, with the same date/time stamps as the ones on my dev box#2; Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:01:00 GMT
- Okay, I figured out the error 500 problem. I was missing the msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll.
But, I'm still having the error 692 problem...#3; Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:02:00 GMT
- Look at this:
http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2006853.asp#4; Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:03:00 GMT